It’s easy to see how the beauty of nature-inspired almost every aspect of the new Monarch Casino Resort Spa, so it’s no surprise that behind-the-scenes environmental features were built right in to reduce the property's carbon footprint during the construction of its $400 million resort expansion. The result?
- Eliminating nearly all single-use plastic waste by installing a state-of-the-art Vavreau water filtration system, resulting in 45,000 fewer water bottles consumed each year
- Installing energy-efficient water fixtures
- Using smart LED lighting systems including occupancy sensors to turn off lights in empty rooms
- Offering electric vehicle charging stations
- Making plastic straws by request only with a transition to paper straws underway
- Checking in and checking out paperlessly at the hotel desk
That’s what guests get to see inside. Outside, Monarch’s resort expansion team created something extra special for the property’s beautiful inspiration. They teamed up with The Butterfly Pavilion to plant the monarch butterfly’s favorite snack, milkweed, and other flowering favorites abundantly throughout the grounds, offering monarch butterflies a place of respite during their migration and a steady source of food for other butterflies, bees, and birds.
Guests can feel good booking their experience today at one of Monarch Casino Resort Spa’s 516 hotel rooms and suites. With more than 1000 state-of-the-art electronic gaming machines, 40 tables with the liveliest dealers in Black Hawk, the most helpful sports betting team, Black Hawk’s most well-appointed poker room, the always relaxing and rejuvenating Spa Monarch, and a sustainable mindset, there’s something for everyone at Colorado’s premier gaming resort destination.